Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Morning Pages



You know about morning pages, right?  Julia Cameron made them famous in her 2002 book The Artist's Way, with her suggestion to write three pages in longhand every morning, three pages about whatever ~ just write!
 
I'm indebted to my friend Michelle, chemistry professor and spiritual writer extraordinaire, for mentioning morning pages in conversation a couple of days ago.  I've had nothing to say for months, so I've barely written anything other than the sermons which are a job requirement.  But now I'm back to morning pages.
 
Well, okay, only two days worth, ten minutes a morning.  But it's more than I've written in a long time.  And perhaps, as Michelle noted, something worth polishing will appear. 

1 comment:

  1. I'm doing them, too - just about to finish the book (and will start it again). What a powerful, prayerful experience it has been! I hope it blesses you, too!
    PS - FYI, it's hard to see the link for leaving a comment, due to background color.

    ReplyDelete